Freelancing – Offshore ICT related Jobs
The Offshore Outsourcing with Marketplaces Workshop Provides:
- with an interest to know about Freelance Marketplaces
- who wants to know how to win your first job in oDesk
- who wants to learn from experts with years of experience
- all newcomers who wants to build up an Online Career
- Technical Skill: Must have the fluent operating skill of Computer
- Must have the skill to use internet
- Academic: SSC or Equivalent Certificate
- Must bring your laptop for assignment works
Own Laptop Preferable
Details of Freelancing:
- What is Freelancing?
- Why people outsource services?
Freelance Marketplaces: Which one to choose & why
- How Freelance Job Opportunities are increasing day by day?
- Major working domains like programming, web development, graphics design, online marketing, content writing, virtual assistance etc.
Quality of a Freelancer:
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
Future of a Freelancer
- Who needs Freelancer?
- Freelance Economy
- Skills and affordability
Personal and Agency Account facts:
- Merits and Demerits of a Personal Account.
- Merits and Demerits of an Agency Account.
Introduction to oDesk:
- oDesk Popularity
- Secure and quick payment
- Free Membership
- Friendly Work Tools
Creating a new account:
- Name, Email ID and Verification
Summary of a Profile:
- Profile idea.
- Advantages of having a Profile.
Creating a professional profile (skill based):
- Freelancer’s Title
- Freelancer’s Portrait.
- Portfolio etc
- Legal Documents
- oDesk Readiness Test
- Skill Based Tests
Payment Withdrawal Process:
- Discussion on different Payment Methods
- Verification (Bank Account)
Job Search Process:
- oDesk Menu (Find Work)
- Advance Search
- Keywords based search
Hourly and Fixed Price Jobs:
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Hourly Jobs.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Fixed Price Jobs.
- What information you need to check about a Client
Applying for a Job:
- Job Details.
- Provided Documents
- Cover Letter Plan for Hourly Jobs.
- Cover Letter Plan for Fixed Price Jobs.
- How to fix hourly rate for a job.
- Fixed Price job rate.
- Upfront Payments.
- What is Direct Interview?
- How to respond?
Meet up (Communication) & Expression:
- Facial Expression
- Message/Private Message
- Skype / Google talk.
- Proof of your experience.
- Headphone with working mic
- My Jobs
- Work Diary.
- Manual Hours.
- Delete Time.
oDesk Team Software:
- Download & using procedure
- Client’s works, demands and deadline.
- Preferred way
Project Delivery / Weekly Updates:
- After Completing Works and updates.
Feedback (after completing a job)
Payment Withdraw Details
- Details about every transaction.
- Withdrawal Process.
Creating an Agency:
- Advantages of an Agency.
Creating a Team:
- Bunch of Skilled Freelancers.
Agency Owner Work:
- Hourly Rate.
oDesk Rules & Guidelines:
- Profile Rules.
- Cover Letter Rules.
- Guarantee Facts.
oDesk Help Center:
- Getting to know oDesk Help Center
- Getting to know active local groups
- Other Accessories (Google Doc, Skype, Gtalk, Dropbox)
Refreshment: Meal will be provided at the lunch break.